GEC Programme and Network Manager
Central London (currently home based)
The closing deadline for applications is the 8th March 2021.
We are the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), an independent policy research organisation that aims to deliver positive change for the poorest people in the developing world. Our mission is to build a fairer, more sustainable world using evidence, action and influence, working in partnership with others.
The Green Economy Coalition (GEC)
Based in our Shaping Sustainable Markets Group, the Green Economy Coalition (GEC) is a network of over 50 organisations, with a secretariat hosted by IIED. The GEC works to support dialogue, exchange and the adoption of policy on green economy.
The GEC has an ambitious 10-year strategy, a secure funding pipeline and a series of new projects around natural capital and national dialogues. A large part of our strategy is to drive the coalition towards a decentralised multi-country hub structure, with an ambition for full IIED independence.
To achieve this, the GEC will need to gain the financial and organisational maturity to operate as their own legal entity and function as a flat engaging hub within a decentralised collaborative and learning network.
We are currently looking for a GEC Programme and Network Manager to join us and support the GEC’s growth. This is a part-time position, working four days per week.
- Salary of £47,009 pro rata
- Benefits package
- Fast-paced and engaging work environment
- Get involved with work that will have an impact on a global scale
If you are an adaptable project manager with experience of managing contracts, budgets and people, this is an exciting opportunity to support the world’s largest movement for green and fair economies.
You will have the chance to play an integral role in achieving the GEC’s ambitions by growing their operational and financial capabilities, as well as the learning and collaboration processes of their network.
This will be key to growing the GEC’s reach and strengthening their ability to champion the voice of the excluded, hold decision makers to account and achieve prosperity for all.
As the GEC Programme and Network Manager, you will oversee the business and institutional development of the GEC.
Working with the GEC Convenor and Directors, you will assist with the planning, organisation and management of programmes and initiatives to drive the GEC’s strategy. You will ensure that all activity is consistent and aligns with our strategic aims and organisational theory of change.
Your role will also include:
- Taking financial and grant management responsibility for complex, multi-million pound projects
- Creating complex, multi-year budgets
- Liaising with donors and sub-contractors regarding contractual matters
- Supporting work to develop, grow and decentralise the GEC network
- Overseeing all aspects of programme management
- Leading the co-ordination of team fundraising efforts
- Managing the preparation of GEC concepts and proposals
- Overseeing events and building relationships with network contacts
To join us as the GEC Programme and Network Manager, you will need:
- Project management experience, including managing contracts, budgets and people
- The proven ability to manage multi-stakeholder projects and deal with staff, collaborators and partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Advanced knowledge of business software
- Fluent English communication skills and experience of editing others’ work
- A degree (or equivalent)
Experience of working in an international context would be beneficial, as would experience of managing EU-funded projects. An awareness of the actors, institutions and issues in the green economy and international development sectors would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Programme Manager, Coalition Network Manager, Project Manager, Programme Delivery Manager, Green Economy Coalition Programme Manager, or Operations Manager.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are eager to make a difference as our GEC Programme and Network Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.