Senior Co-ordinator (Part Time - 3 Days per Week)
Central London, WC1
Deadline: 31st January 2021
Please note: early applications are encouraged as IIED reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate before the deadline.
We are the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), an independent research organisation that aims to deliver positive change on a global scale.
We provide original, rigorous research that helps to drive progress, support sustainable development and protect the environment. We identify local solutions that can work at scale and introduce these to global forums.
We are now looking for a part-time Senior Co-ordinator to join the Human Settlements Group at IIED, which has worked on urban environmental and poverty issues since the 1970s. The group aims to support more equitable and sustainable development in urban centres in low- and middle-income countries.
- Salary of £38,765 - £42,683 pro rata
- Comprehensive benefits package
This is an exceptional opportunity for a co-ordinator or support professional with a background in project or programme finance and project management to progress their career with our international charity.
Joining us means joining the people that make change happen. The work we do within our Human Settlements Group has been changing the face of urban living in low- and middle-income nations for decades.
For our work, we have won recognition the world over as well as prestigious awards, but for us, that isn’t what it’s about. We know there’s still work to do and we have strategies and projects underway to keep us pushing to make the world a safer, healthier, happier place. We now need you to join us and help to continue fighting against the urban crisis faced by so many across the world.
As a Senior Co-ordinator, you will provide comprehensive co-ordination support to the Human Settlements Group which encompasses research project management, financial management and administrative support.
Primarily involved in the management, co-ordination and financial management of projects, you will also be involved in some fundraising and business development activities and will contribute to a positive environment across our institution.
Specifically, you will:
- Oversee a portfolio of complex projects of work
- Monitor the progress of work to ensure milestone achievement and contractual adherence
- Liaise with donors and subcontractors as required
- Support donor and project reporting activities
- Complete financial reporting for projects
- Manage the budget and finances for your portfolio
- Oversee and manage contracts for all aspects of projects
- Act as bid manager for funding proposals
To be considered as a Senior Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Relevant work experience in co-ordination and programme support roles
- Experience of the different phases of the project cycle, especially budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
- Experience of managing a portfolio of complex, multi-layered budgets and financial planning, reporting and the monitoring of accounts
- Experience of fundraising
- Knowledge of budget and financial management in the international development sector
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), with advanced knowledge of Excel
- A relevant first degree or equivalent level of education
Other organisations may call this role Programme Co-ordinator, Project Co-ordinator, Junior Project Manager, Programme Support Co-ordinator, or Project Finance Co-ordinator.
This is a part-time role working 3 days per week (circa 21 hours).
This position is NOT opened to sponsorship.
Interviews will be held week commencing 15th February 2021
Webrecruit and the International Institute for Environment and Development are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.