Bid Manager – International Charity
Central London or Edinburgh (currently home based)
The closing deadline for applications is 5th March 2021.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 15th March 2021.
We are the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), an independent policy research organisation, working internationally on sustainable development issues. Our aim is to support positive change for marginalised communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America, most impacted by the negative impacts of climate change. Our mission is to build a fairer, more sustainable world using evidence, action and influence, working in partnership with others.
Our 2019 - 24 institutional strategy, ‘Make Change Happen’, illustrates our organisational priorities to tackle five global challenges. To achieve this, also demands a targeted set of engagement strategies when it comes to working with our priority donors and strategic partners. If we are to achieve our desired growth projections over the next few years, meet the funding needs of our ambitious strategy and increase income from key institutional funders and Research Councils, we must invest more heavily in identifying and building relations with new donors — both public and private — as well as broadening our relations with existing ones.
As such, we are continuing to develop our business development capacity and improve our fundraising systems. As part of this, we are looking for a Bid Manager to join us on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £38,765 - £42,683 per annum
- Benefits package
- Fast-paced and engaging work environment
- Flexible working arrangements
If you have a strong background in proposal development or bid support, this is an exceptional opportunity to play a critical role in our Business Development Team and support the delivery of our ambitious strategy.
Climate change and sustainable development are currently a top priority for many donors and will be for the foreseeable future. We are in an excellent position to continue to develop our in-depth engagement with existing donors, as well as building relationships with new or lapsed donors.
You will have the chance to work directly with our research groups, to build upon our previous successes and generate income that will be integral to ensuring the future of our work.
As the Bid Manager, you will support our proposal development process to support the achievement of our fundraising strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will:
- Support the Climate Change and Shaping Sustainable Markets research groups in reviewing bids and proposals
- Write standard proposal sections and edit technical input from researchers
- Use our project management system to track proposals and manage risks
- Help to gather early funder intelligence on upcoming tenders
- Work to develop partnerships with key consortia partners
- Carry out funder reporting and analysis
To join us as a Bid Manager, you will need:
- Substantial proposal development and/or bid support experience
- Experience of working with institutional funders (e.g. FCDO/DFID, BEIS. EC etc.) and/or Research Councils, in proposal development, with a solid track record of successful income generation
- Previous experience of producing and communicating clearly in proposals and budgets
- Experience of analysing financial information and interpreting it for non-financial audiences
- An awareness of the actors, institutions and issues in the sustainable development arena
- The proven ability to work on your own initiative
- A degree level qualification
Other organisations may call this role Bid Development Manager, Proposal Development Manager, Bid Writer, Tender Manager, or Tender Support Manager.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Bid Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.