Senior Coordinator – Fluent in Spanish (3 days per week)
Central London (Please note that whilst this role is advertised as office based, IIED will remain a predominantly remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future).
The closing deadline for applications is 26 August 2021.
Interviews will be held 1-2 September 2021.
Please note, to be considered for this role you must be fluent in English and Spanish.
IIED is a policy and action research organisation. We promote sustainable development to improve livelihoods and protect the environments on which these livelihoods are built. We specialise in linking local priorities to global challenges. IIED is based in London and works in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and the Pacific, with some of the world’s most vulnerable people. We work with them to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them — from village councils to international conventions.
We are now seeking a part-time Senior Coordinator to join the Human Settlements Group at IIED, which has worked on urban environmental and poverty issues since the 1970s. The group aims to support more equitable and sustainable development in urban centres in low- and middle-income countries.
Joining us means joining the people that make change happen. The work we do within our Human Settlements Group has been changing the face of urban living in low- and middle-income nations for decades. We now need you to join us and help to continue fighting against the urban crisis faced by so many across the world.
- Salary of £39,114 - £43,067 pro rata (up to £48,595 depending on skills and experience)
- Benefits package
This is an incredible opportunity for a support professional with financial management and project management experience to progress their career within our international charity.
As a Senior Coordinator, you will provide comprehensive coordination support to the Human Settlements Group, which encompasses financial management, project management and administrative support.
Responsible for providing overall management and coordination to assigned projects, you will also provide financial coordination and contract support to large projects.
You will undertake financial planning at project level and manage budget and finances for complex projects and programmes. Additionally, you will oversee and manage the preparation and processing of donor, partner and consultant contracts.
Specifically, you will:
- Oversee a portfolio of complex projects of work
- Monitor the progress of work to ensure milestone achievement and contractual adherence
- Liaise with donors and subcontractors as required
- Support donor and project reporting activities
- Complete financial reporting of projects
- Manage the budget and finances for your portfolio
- Oversee and manage contracts for all aspects of projects
- Act as bid manager for funding proposals
To be considered as a Senior Coordinator, you will need:
- Relevant work experience in a coordination and programme support role
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English and Spanish to convey messages clearly and concisely
- Experience of the project cycle, particularly budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
- Experience of managing a portfolio of complex, multi-layered budgets, and financial planning, reporting, monitoring of accounts
- Experience of fundraising and proposal development
- Knowledge of budget and financial management in the international development sector
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), with advanced knowledge of Excel
- A relevant first degree or equivalent level of education
Finance and/or project management qualifications would be beneficial to your application.
Experience of working on International Climate Initiative (IKI) funded projects would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Team Coordinator, Senior Programme Administrator, Junior Project Manager Programme Finance Coordinator, Project Finance Coordinator, Programme Coordinator, or Project Coordinator.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Coordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.