Web Services Manager – Communications
Central London (Please note that while this role is advertised as office based, IIED will remain a predominantly remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future).
The deadline for applications is midnight 28 July 2021
Interviews will be held 4 August
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and work on five continents with some of the world’s most marginalised people to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 100 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of policymaking in sustainable development for over 40 years.
We are now looking for a Web Services Manager to join our Communications Group on a permanent, part-time basis, working three days per week.
- Salary of up to £39,114 - £43,067 pro rata, depending on experience
- Benefits package
This is an exciting opportunity for a web project manager to provide vital technical support and expertise to an organisation that is making a lasting difference to communities across the world.
Working as part of a talented team, you will have the chance to get involved in a broad array of projects, ensuring our flagship website and a variety of project-based websites provide incredible user experiences.
So, if you want to use your skills to help us make a positive impact on a global scale, we want to hear from you.
As a Web Services Manager, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance and technical infrastructure of IIED’s range of websites.
Working alongside our existing Web Services Manager, you will be an integral part of our Web team managing multiple projects and maintaining schedules in line with budgets.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop and manage the information architecture for IIED’s sites
- Manage the design, planning, development and project management of delivery of a range of websites
- Perform user testing, browser testing and ensure all sites are fully cross-device compatible and responsive
- Manage hosting requirements for all websites
- Ensure the safety, security and integrity of IIED’s sites and platforms
- Provide user support and training
- Plan and produce a range of multimedia content, including videos and podcasts
To be considered as a Web Services Manager, you will need:
- Knowledge and experience of designing, developing and maintaining websites
- To be fluent in optimisation techniques to deliver the best user experiences
- The ability to confidently discuss big system concepts such as APIs, data flows, data storage, caching and queuing
-Thorough knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques
- Excellent web and/or media project management, planning and cost estimating
- Experience and understanding of social media and online communities and related technologies (Twitter, Facebook, IRC, message boards, emailing lists, newsletter etc.
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office 365 environment
- A BA or BSc in computer science or a related computer discipline or demonstrable experience
It is also essential to have an advanced working knowledge of the following systems and processes:
- Drupal CMS
- W3C Web standards, WAI Section 508 and 504 compliance
- Preferred-XML, AJAX, RSS, PHP, SQLserver
- Linux operating system
- Apache web server software
- Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Acrobat DC, XD, Premiere Pro, Audition
Other organisations may call this role Web Manager, Website Manager, IT Services Manager, IT Infrastructure Engineer, or Web Project Manager.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Web Services Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.