Senior Researcher - Climate Finance
Central London or Edinburgh
The closing deadline for applications is 17th January 2021.
Interviews will be held between Wednesday 27th - Friday 29th January 2021.
We are the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), an independent policy research organisation that aims to deliver positive change for the poorest people in the developing world. Our mission is to build a fairer, more sustainable world using evidence, action and influence, working in partnership with others.
Our Climate Change Group (CCG) works with those who have less voice and power in climate decision-making to co-create solutions that shape pathways and drive action for a just and sustainable future.
The CCG’s Climate Governance and Finance Team collaborates with public sector institutions, civil society actors and private sector entities to design and test innovative solutions to climate change risks across the developing world.
We are currently looking for a Senior Researcher to join us in London or Edinburgh to lead the climate finance work of the Climate Governance and Finance Team.
This is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting and challenging leadership role and deliver exciting programmes that are bringing about positive change globally. If you think you could help us to achieve our vision, we would love to hear from you.
- Salary of £47,009 - £51,783 p.a. (up to £58,454 p.a. for exceptional candidates depending on experience)
- Benefits package
- Fast-paced and engaging work environment
- Flexible working arrangements
This is a strategic leadership role in which you will be able to design and manage an ambitious programme of policy research and influencing work on equitable climate finance.
You will have the chance to work alongside a highly skilled team and get involved with innovative initiatives that will make a real difference and support the response to the global climate emergency.
As the Senior Researcher, you will be responsible for designing and managing an innovative portfolio of policy research and influencing work on climate finance.
Your role will focus on reforming the international climate finance system to increase the quantity and quality of finance being made available for locally led adaptation action.
It will also involve supporting national and local governments, civil society organizations, local private sector actors and communities to develop the institutions, governance structures and financial mechanisms needed to access and use climate finance effectively to achieve their adaptation and resilience ambitions.
To join us as a Senior Researcher, you will need:
- Significant (10+ years) experience of working on climate adaptation and/or international development issues in LDCs and/or LMICs
- Significant experience of working on climate and/or development finance
- A proven track record of supporting national governments to access climate finance, develop equitable climate adaptation policies and/or build institutional capacities on climate adaptation/finance
- A track record of designing and implementing research projects, policy analysis or programme evaluations on climate finance and climate adaptation policy in LDCs or LMICs
- Experience of managing diverse teams to achieve results in line with project plans, including managing consultants
- A track record of raising and managing significant project funding from institutional donors
Other organisations may call this role Senior Climate Finance Researcher, Lead Researcher, Climate Finance Research Manager, Senior Development Finance Researcher, or Development Finance Programme Manager.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Senior Researcher, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.