Bid Support Manager
Central London or Edinburgh (Please note that while this role is advertised as office-based, IIED will remain a predominantly remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future)
The closing deadline for applications is midnight on 26 September
Interviews will be held the week commencing 4 October
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation. We promote sustainable development to improve livelihoods and protect the environments on which these livelihoods are built. We specialise in linking local priorities to global challenges. IIED is based in London and works in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and the Pacific, with some of the world’s most vulnerable people. We work with them to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them - from village councils to international conventions.
We are now looking for a Bid Support Manager to join us and support our Business Development function on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of £39,114 - £43,067 per annum (up to £48,595 for exceptional candidates) based on skills and experience
- Benefits package
This is a great opportunity for high calibre professional with a strong background in proposal development and/or bid support to join our organisation and play a critical role in our Business Development Team and support the delivery of our ambitious strategy.
Climate change and sustainable development are currently a top priority for many donors and will be for the foreseeable future. We are in an excellent position to continue to develop our in-depth engagement with existing donors, as well as building relationships with new or lapsed donors.
You will have the chance to work directly with our research groups, to build upon our previous successes and generate income that will be integral to ensuring the future of our work.
As a Bid Support Manager, you will support the proposal development process, ensuring all bids and proposals meet the highest professional standards and support the achievement of our fundraising strategy.
Working closely with Research Groups, you will help review bids and proposals to ensure they meet compliance requirements for funders and are in line with our business objectives. You will assist them to pull together core application and bid documents and share information about funding calls that relate to their work.
Using our end-to-end project management system, you will track our proposals, manage risks appropriately and review and identify key trends.
Additionally, you will:
- Write standard proposal sections and edit technical input from researchers
- Help to gather early funder intelligence on upcoming tenders
- Co-ordinate our Proposal Development Process (PDP), bid kick-off and proposal review meetings
- Review and access funding channels to identify new proposal opportunities in a timely manner
To join us as a Bid Support Manager, you will need:
- Substantial proposal development and/or bid support experience
- Experience of working with institutional funders (e.g. FCDO/DFID, BEIS. EC, etc) and/or Research Councils in proposal development, with a solid track record of successful income generation
- Experience of producing and communicating frequent proposals and budgets
- Experience of analysing financial information and interpreting it for a non-financial audience
- Awareness of the actors, institutions and issues in the sustainable development arena
- A high level of analytical, technical and synthesis skills
- The ability to influence at a senior level
- Advanced IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A degree level education
Experience of working with international partners or clients or an international business environment would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of CRM and project management systems.
Knowledge and interest of sustainable development issues would be advantageous, as would a working knowledge of another relevant international language, in addition to English. A project management qualification would be equally desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Bid Development Manager, Proposal Development Manager, Bid Writer, Tender Manager, or Tender Support Manager.
Please note, while this role is advertised as office-based, IIED will remain a predominantly remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Bid Support Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.