Institutional Funding - Senior Manager
Central London (Please note that whilst this role is advertised as office based, IIED will remain a remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future)
The closing deadline for applications is midnight on 21st March 2021.
Interviews will be held on 31st March 2021.
This is a 12-month, fixed-term contract.
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED, is an international policy and action research organisation delivering solutions to sustainable development challenges. Working with partners across the globe, they link local priorities to global challenges. They use evidence, action and influence to strengthen the voices of marginalised people in vital decision-making arenas — from village councils to international conventions. Their mission is to build a fairer, more sustainable world using evidence, action and influence, working in partnership with others.
Our 2019 - 24 institutional strategy, ‘Make Change Happen’, illustrates our organisational priorities to tackle five global challenges. To achieve this, also demands a targeted set of engagement strategies when it comes to working with our priority donors and strategic partners. If we are to achieve our desired growth projections over the next few years, meet the funding needs of our ambitious strategy and increase income from key institutional funders and Research Councils, we must invest more heavily in identifying and building relations with new donors — both public and private — as well as broadening our relations with existing ones.
As such, we are continuing to develop our business development capacity and improve our fundraising systems. As part of this, we are looking for a Senior Manager to join us on a part-time basis for 12 months.
- Salary of £47,009 - £51,783 per annum (pro-rata), depending on skills and experience
- Benefits package
- Exciting and engaging work environment
If you have a significant experience of working with key institutional funders, this is a superb opportunity to play a critical role within the Business Development Team, working closely with Research Groups and the Proposals Finance Team.
Our 2019-24 institutional strategy, ‘Make Change Happen’, demands a targeted set of engagement strategies when it comes to working with our priority donors. If we are to achieve our desired growth projections over the next few years, meet the funding needs of our ambitious strategy and increase income from key institutional funders and Research Councils, then it is clear that we must invest more heavily in identifying and building relations with new donors — both public and private — as well as broadening our relationships with existing ones.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will undertake institutional funder analysis and monitoring of relevant funding opportunities to maximise proposal opportunities. You will develop user friendly guidance and resource materials for Research Groups, to ensure that we submit high-quality bids.
Supporting the Head of Business Development on key initiatives, you will also provide strategic support for proposal development and fundraising systems, more broadly.
To be considered as our Senior Manager, you will need:
- Degree level education and substantial proposal development / bid support experience, working with key institutional funders
- Significant experience of working with key institutional funders (e.g. FCDO/DFID, BEIS, EC, etc) and/or Research Councils, in proposal development, with a solid track record of successful income generation
- In-depth understanding of the current international development funder landscape and key trends, opportunities, and challenges
- Significant experience of analysing institutional funder strategic priorities and requirements, summarising for guidance purposes and capacity building of other technical or programme teams
- Experience of analysing proposal pipeline data to monitor progress and ensure risk management oversight, and to prepare regular reports against KPIs for Heads of Teams
Other organisations may call this role Senior Funding Manager, Senior Institutional Funding Manager, Funding Lead, Senior Fundraising Manager, or Fundraising Lead.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 21 hours per week