Programme Manager - Loss and Damage
Hybrid (within UK or outside the UK)
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voices in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 150 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of evidence-based policymaking in sustainable development for over 50 years.
IIED is going through an exciting change process to be fit for the future, and we are seeking exceptional, collaborative people to be part of that change.
Our Loss and Damage portfolio currently focuses on:
- Extending evidence of practical solutions for tackling loss and damage through the Alliance for Locally Led Approaches for Transformative Action on Loss and Damage (ALL ACT)
- Generating evidence on how social protection can climate resilience over short, medium and long timeframes
- Deepening evidence on the impacts of climate change related migration on modern slavery
We are now looking for a Programme Manager to join the team on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of up to £64,964 per annum
- 25 days' annual leave per year
- Closure between Christmas and new year with additional paid holiday
- 7.5% employer's pension contributions (applicable to those based in the UK)
- An employee protection scheme offering a flexible menu of benefits
- An interest-free season-ticket loan
- A cycle-to-work scheme offering tax savings on the cost of purchasing a bike for travel to and from work
- An employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption policies
- Enhanced sick pay entitlements
- Flexible working options
- Support for learning and development
- Compassionate leave up to ten days per annum
- Dependents leave
- Eye tests and glasses
- Therapy treatment
This is an exceptional opportunity for a programme manager with a wealth of experience in delivering complex projects to join our dedicated organisation.
You’ll have the chance to play a pivotal role in our most high-stakes projects, ultimately facilitating the smooth-running of our vital work.
So, if you’re ready to use your expertise to make a real difference, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Programme Manager, you will oversee the operational delivery of our Loss and Damage portfolio of work, managing large and complex projects.
Providing management oversight and expertise to our project teams, you will address project and financial management, team management and HR, business development and partnership management.
You will also ensure the successful delivery of activities and the smooth running of our systems, co-ordinate business development, lead proposal development on large projects and tenders, and ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
To be considered as a Programme Manager, you will need:
- Substantial professional experience in similar or related roles
- Proven 7-8 years of project management experience in the area of climate change
- Experience of contracting, handling partnerships and working collaboratively with southern partners (governments, NGOs, private sector) to deliver complex projects
- Proven experience working with diverse teams, including senior staff, co-ordinating and monitoring the delivery of strategic goals and objectives
- Experience in planning, managing and hosting conferences, workshops and public meetings, including virtual online events
- Experience in managing internal communications in a complex organisation
- A relevant postgraduate degree, or a relevant first degree and equivalent relevant experience
- A professional certification like PMP or PRINCE 2 would be an added advantage
IIED is a hybrid working organisation and you are likely to be working from home most of the time. As such, you will need a suitable place to work and a reliable, fast internet connection.
International applicants must have the right to work in the country in which you wish to reside.
The salary range advertised in GBP is applicable in the UK only. The salary offer in another country would depend on the local terms and conditions. We only use the UK salary structure to determine starting salaries, but it will not apply to salaries outside the UK thereafter.
Closing date: 21st February 2024.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Project Manager, Evaluation Project Manager, Project Lead, or Project Delivery Manager.
Webrecruit and International Institute for Environment and Development are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Programme Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.