Central London (Please note that while this role is advertised as office-based, IIED will remain a remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future).
The deadline for applications is midnight 14 June 2021
Interviews will be held w/c 5 July 2021
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action research organisation promoting sustainable development and linking local priorities to global challenges. We are based in London and work on five continents with some of the world’s most vulnerable people to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them. With more than 100 members of staff working with associates and partners around the world, IIED has been at the forefront of policymaking in sustainable development for over 40 years.
IIED's Climate Change Group (CCG) works with those who have less voice and power in climate decision-making to co-create solutions that shape pathways and drive action for a just and sustainable future.
We are now looking for an Assistant Co-ordinator to join our Climate Change Group on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of up to £27,326 - £30,053 per annum (up to £33,068 for exceptional candidates, depending on experience)
- Benefits package
This is the ideal role for a talented administrator with a good grasp of clerical admin and experience of event support to advance their career with our ground-breaking organisation.
Providing key support, particularly in the area of administration, office support and internal comms, you will be enabling our activities and therefore making a vital difference to people around the world.
As an Assistant Co-ordinator, you will be tasked with providing an effective support service across the CCG and, in particular, for the Group Manager and Group Director. Specifically, you will provide a variety of assistance as well as finance support to Project Managers and will be involved in a wide range of administrative, event management, and personal assistant activities. Providing support to the Group Director and Leadership Team, you will assist with scheduling, booking and setting up rooms and disseminating information.
Additionally, you will:
- Take minutes during meetings
- Complete follow-up actions from previous meetings
- Support the Group Manager with maintaining group processes
- Assist with internal reporting and support group-wide documentation objectives
- Organise refreshments, cash expense reimbursements, and transport for in-person meetings and events
- Attend group meetings and events
To be considered as an Assistant Co-ordinator, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar service and administration and/or office support orientated role
- Experience of providing events support (ideally for events both in the UK, overseas and online), for example booking meeting venues, arranging catering, booking travel and visas
- Experience with financial administration processes, for example, processing invoices and cross-referencing with receipts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint and in particular Excel)
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent
A relevant graduate degree and/or formal training qualification is desirable.
Knowledge and experience with relevant financial management and business software (e.g. CRM, Focal Point, Microsoft Dynamics) would also be beneficial to your application, as would experience working in the voluntary and/or public sector.
Formal training in Excel would be an advantage, as would experience working in an international setting or in an organisation where staff are frequently travelling or based at other locations.
Other organisations may call this role Administrator, Office Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator, Project Co-ordinator, Office Co-ordinator, or Office Assistant.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Assistant Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.